The Colonel received the Manor Pokrovskoye (current Petrovka) as a reward for participating in the Black Sea campaign. He began to build the palace in 1810, settling in the Intercession, after retyiring from service. The shape of the building is reminiscent of a medieval castle, the design have used elements of Gothic and Moorish architecture. In 1892, the descendants of Kuris reconstructed building, inviting the famous Odessa architect Tolvinskyi. On the third floor, there was a wide terrace and a magnificent mirrored staircase, new towers, balconies and minarets. After the revolution, the estate hosted Kuris agricultural school, and during the Second World War it hosted the Romanian commandant. After the fire of 1990, the Palace was not restored, but the ruins are still striking grandeur. Also the park in the English style with a pond is preserved. Now "Kuris Castle" belongs to the territory of Petrovsky State Agricultural College.